KIDS AND HAIR PALAVER

I am writing this letter to all the mothers and potential mums in the house because I am one of them. You will agree with me that all babies are cute but the female ones are more cute *winks* Female kids are wonderful wonders: starting from the shape of their eyebrows to the arrangement of the eyelids, the neatness of the fingernails and the curly hair on their heads. Awwnn! I love those things
The ‘looking good’ business doesn’t only concern the adults, the kids should be included as well (especially the girls). Some single ladies will see a cute chubby small girl with simple dope hairstyle and feel like getting married/ giving birth to a child instantly. What they don’t know is that the kids they are falling for were beautified by someone like them: Someone who appreciated the beauty of the infant and decided to showcase it to the world. Wrong mentality is when you think you need to be extremely rich before you look good. My dear, even with a skirt and blouse, you’re good to go!
*Clears throat* be that as it may, this blog is about hair and all that pertains to it. Hence, we’ll talk about the Kids and Hair Palaver. Are you ready? Let’s look at the:
Kids with natural curly hair
• Kids with Relaxed hair
• Kids on low cut

Kids with Natural and Curly Hair
My mom decided to keep my hair natural, not because she couldn’t afford relaxer and its stress but she was only scared of chemical burnt on her baby’s hair. She also wants to maintain the black color of my thick and long hair. Mommies and Sisters, kids with natural curly hair have fragile and soft scalp, hence they need tender hand/hairstylist. Please just go for a simple hairstyle for the innocent baby. There are One thousand and one simple hairstyles out there that will make natural hair really dope: don’t try and make your baby wear a vogue hairstyle because you want to use her to collect star…lol.
Take time to study the type of girl you have: Does she have a thick hair? Is she comfortable with the hairstyle? Does she cry out loud whenever the hair is touched? Does your hairstylist have a painful hand that can give kids headache? Is your baby okay with attachments? Does she pull out the hair whenever she feels uncomfortable? Finally, does her hair last for a while when weaved? These are the questions you should ask yourself before you touch the girl. Don’t just wake one day and decide for her, study her and choose what’s best for you and your kid.
Kids with Relaxed Hair
I know one young beautiful girl with long dark natural hair. But this wasn’t enough for the parents and they decide to apply chemical to the poor girl’s hair. Unfortunately, her hair turned brown and started reducing till they had to chop the whole hair and start all over. This is just one of the tragedies that happen to our innocent kids. We choose wrongly for our babies which may not end up well.
I’m not saying the application of relaxer on an infant in wrong, I just believe we should limit it as long as we can. However, if it is really mandatory for you to apply relaxer on your baby’s hair, please go for the Baby relaxers that will do no harm to the girl. I’ll suggest applying twice/thrice a year (during festivals/special occasions)
Kids on Low cut
Some ladies/mommies are either too busy or lazy to dedicate little time to their babies’ hair. Thus, they decide to chop it off...chaaii. This may not always be the case, because I remember pestering my parents to cut my hair in primary school. My reason was because I was the only girl plaiting hair in my class…lol however, after chopping the hair, I started feeling bad because I envied those that made nice hair during the school’s end-of-the-year party. So I went back to my parents that I changed my mind and they obliged
Note: I was old enough to decide for myself, what about little kids that really envy their mate’s hairstyle but couldn’t make the same style because she’s probably the only girl in the family nd her parents decided to carry her with the brothers to a barber’s salon..haba
However, do you also know that there are admirable kids on low cut? It’s all about knowing what fits your baby: whether low cut, natural or relaxed hair and you’re so good to go

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little things that matter: Hairnets and Shower caps

How to Manage Your Thick, Coarse and Painful Hair